Saturday, June 14, 2014

Week Eight

Who was the most influential person in your life? How did this person make you want to become better?

As i write in one of my post before, the most influential person in my life is definitely my grandfather. First of all i caring the same name like him. In my country is tradition that children when get born getting name from grandparents if they was a good persons, about name deciding families with their best man (godfather).

Why my grandfather was so influential person in my life? First of all you have to know how life story and then you will understand. I will try to explain little bit of his life.

Everything starting when we was younger, his family wasn't so rich, like whole country who just came out from WW2 (his grandfather died in this war). He just finish 4 grade of elementary school, but this didn't stop him to became very smart and intelligent person. He get married very young, and then he went out of his parents house and start to live alone with his wife, my grandmother. Long period they live like subtenants till they buy first house. My grandfather work so hard for his first house, he work for one wealthier man from town as a servant for more than one year, 24 hours. After this he start to work in rural cooperatives and his life really begin, he buy some fields, and he began to work in agriculture. Soon, they bought new house, where i still live. My grandparent was very smart to make money and to manage with them. Also my grandmother helping him a lot about everything.

He also suffered to had a car accident and almost died. But fortunately he survive and get healed and continue his life path. He's stories about travel to Italy and Trieste to buy some needs for agriculture without knowing any other language beside Serbian, or that he drove cattle two days in another city on his feet, and finally did not sell anything and had to return, or how he selling watermelons in Osijek, Croatian city, before the Civil war began, are just some of the stories that waiting to be told on some another time…

All i can do is try to be at least as my grandfather used to be…

No comments:

Post a Comment